Introduction: To study & analyze overall domestic market for “OVARIAN & CERVICAL CANCER DRUGS”, requires an extensive market reserach. Market research process is the process used to obtain information regarding market opportunity & problem and there by making strategies for the business. Our purpose is to launcha new brand of PEGYLATED LIPOSOMES OF DOXORUBICINE .Therefore; we need to do market analysis of the current payers of the same & their strategies. Thus, it will help us making strategies for launching a new brand of DOXORUBICINE Detailed process for research methodology is discussed below.
Our research will answer the following questions:
- What is ovarian & cervical cancer?
- Epidemiology of ovarian & cervical cancer.
- What are the different dosage forms available of ovarian & cervical cancer drugs?
- What are the existing brands of ovarian & cervical cancer drugs?
- Which are the generic players of ovarian & cervical cancer drugs?
- Who are the top players of ovarian & cervical cancer drugs & what about their markets?
- Statistical analysis of price comparison for ovarian & cervical cancer drugs.
- Indian market share for doxorubicin in Cancer drugs and its expansion capacity
- How we will launch our brand & its positioning?
- What will be the promotional, communication & operational strategies for our brand?
- Analysis and Finding
- Recommendation and Suggestions
Motivation for the research
Pharmaceutical is one of the most intense “Knowledge Driven” industries. It is a life line industry, which plays a very crucial role in building a strong human capital of a country, and is very essential for economic growth and development. In 2008, global spending on prescription drugs topped $700 billion, even as growth slowed somewhat in Europe and North America. The United States accounts for almost half of the global pharmaceutical market, with $300 billion in annual sales followed by the EU and Japan. Emerging markets such as China, Russia, South Korea and Mexico outpaced that market, growing a huge 81 percent.
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in Indian economy. The size of the Indian pharmaceutical industry is estimated at US $ 7.76 billion. It is growing at an average rate of 14.1 %. The pharmaceutical industry has shown a robust growth of 13% in 2007 and has grown by 12% in 2008. It is expected to continue growing at the rate of 12% in 2009. (Source: ORG IMS SSA May 2008).
Medicines in the cancer therapeutic area account for the third largest source of revenue within the pharma industry. The cancer market has experienced significant innovative change in recent years, creating attractive opportunities for a range of new and established biotechnology players as well as established pharma companies. Although new product development continues to involve substantial levels of risk, innovation is the key driving force in the market, and has led to the competitive exclusion of several of the industry’s traditional competitors. With successful launches now being applied to multiple indications faster than ever before, subsequent increases in product sales volumes are rapidly changing the competitive landscape of the cancer market.
The cancer market expanded by 19.9% during 2009 and is forecast to reach $40.9b by 2012. The highest growth will occur in the antineoplastic class of drugs, which is expected to become the primary growth driver of the cancer market over the next four years.